Tapjoy does not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for Tapjoy or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 may provide any Personal Information to Tapjoy or through Tapjoy. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We collect the following types of information:
1. Device ID. During the registration process, we will ask your permission to install a temporary provisioning profile on your mobile device. We will use this provisioning profile only to obtain your device type and ID (including any identifier, regardless of issuing source, that operates to uniquely identify (or approximate the identification of) your device which may include UDID (unique device identifier), MAC address, Advertising Identifier and OpenUDID) (“Device ID”); when you permit us to install this profile, you are providing your consent to our use of your Device ID in connection with the services you’ve requested. Tapjoy uses your Device ID information, together with other information you also willingly provide to us, to provide you with certain features, such as tracking virtual rewards, organizing Tapjoy-related applications, and providing you with additional application recommendations. Tapjoy may also exchange Device ID and device type information with our partners to fulfill your requests for certain products and services — for instance, with game publishers as necessary for tracking and crediting your virtual rewards for a game. TAPJOY WILL NOT USE YOUR DEVICE ID WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT OR FOR ANY OTHER REASON THAN AS SET FORTH ABOVE, AND WILL NEVER SHARE YOUR DEVICE ID WITH ANY THIRD PARTIES OTHER THAN AS INDICATED.
2. Location Information. We do not ask you for, access or track any geolocation-based information from your mobile device at any time while downloading or using our mobile application(s) or our services.
3. General Information. We receive and store information you knowingly provide to us. For example, during the registration process, we collect Personal Information such as your user name, email address, gender, and age. We may collect other Personal Information you provide us through your use of Tapjoy – for example, if you respond to a survey or otherwise interact with Tapjoy. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features.
4. For Publishers and Advertisers. Different information may be needed to register for a Publisher or Advertiser account; in addition to collecting your email address, we also provide you with the option of providing us with additional information such as name and address as well as financial information such as Tax ID, VAT or sales tax registration number or any other relevant tax number and credit card information. If you choose to provide us with sensitive financial information (such as a credit card number) we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL), and utilize a credit card processing company to process your payment information. (This Section 4 applies to application publishers and for advertisers; it may not apply to you.)
We also provide you with the option of adding users to your Publisher or Advertiser account. When you do so we will collect the email address of the individual you wish to add. We will then send that individual a one-time email informing them they have been added. If you have been added to an account and wish to no longer have your email address used you may contact us at email@example.com.
5. Referrals. If you choose to use our referral service to invite a friend to Tapjoy, we will ask you for your friend’s email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit Tapjoy. We store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program.
Whenever you interact with www.Tapjoy.com, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs, including your IP address, “cookie” information, and certain actions you’ve taken. Some of this automatically collected information may or may not be Personal Information, depending on whether it is personally identifiable in nature or not.
We employ and/or our third party advertising partner employs a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We tie the information gathered by clear gifs to your Personal Information.
We may contact you, by email or other means; for example, we may send you promotional offers on behalf of other businesses, or communicate with you about your use of Tapjoy. If you do not want to receive email or other communication from us, please indicate your preference in your profile or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, we may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. This confirmation helps us make emails more interesting and improve our service.
All comments, feedback or materials submitted by you to Tapjoy including feedback, testimonials, images, reviews, questions, comments, suggestions or ideas (collectively, “Feedback”) shall be received and treated by us on a non-confidential and unrestricted basis. Tapjoy will be free to use, display, perform, distribute, copy, adapt, and promote, in any medium now known or later developed, without compensation to you, the Feedback along with all ideas, concepts, know-how, techniques or methodologies contained in such Feedback, for any purpose whatsoever, including without limitation, developing, marketing and selling products and services incorporating such Feedback. You agree that in submitting Feedback, it will not violate any right of any third party, including any confidentiality, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or intellectual property or proprietary rights, and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Feedback you submit will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain viruses, commercial solicitations, or any form of “spam”. If you wish to access any personal information which may be associated with this information you can contact us at email@example.com.
We may, from time to time, offer you the opportunity to participate in contests or surveys. If you participate, we will request certain Personal Information from you including your contact information (such as name and address), and demographic information (such as zip code). Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this Personal Information.
In the case of a contest winner, we will use the Personal Information, such as contact information, to notify contest winners and award prizes. We may also use this information to improve the quality of our products and services, including by helping us better personalize our users’ experience with our products and services.
We may use a third party service provider to conduct these surveys and/or contests; that company will be prohibited from using our users’ Personal Information for any other purpose. We will not share the Personal Information you provide through a contest or survey with other third parties unless we give you prior notice and you consent.
We may ourselves manage and operate a discussion board or other forum (“Forum”) on our website, or use a third party hosted and managed site, for general matters of interest regarding our products and services. The use of any Forum is subject to the forum rules posted on the Forum website, and the use of any Forum on a third party site will be subject to that third-party website’s forum rules. Please note that if you post any personally identifiable information to any Forum, then that information can be read, collected, and used by other users of the Forum. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you; for example, we might use an email service provider to send you emails on our behalf, or a statistical data services firm to help us improve the Tapjoy services and provide more relevant products and services. Unless we tell you differently, our agents do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
You understand that we cannot control what other users do with any content (including without limitation images, ratings, captions, and comments) you voluntarily disclose for such users to view on Tapjoy (“User Submissions”). If you have allowed other users to have access to your User Submissions, those other users make your User Submissions publicly available to be collected and used by others, or to be redistributed through the internet and other media channels. To request removal of your Personal Information from our open forums, please contact us by way of the contact channels listed below. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information, in which case, we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
In the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, change of control, sale of all or substantially all of its assets, or the sale of an individual mobile or web properties owned by us, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred and we may therefore transfer and/or disclose your Personal Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets or to a third party as a part of such merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale. In addition, if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, Personal Information would be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law or in response to any request from any law enforcement agency or other governmental organization; to enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Tapjoy, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging Personal Information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Except as set forth in A through D above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
If you are not currently registered with Tapjoy, you can use Facebook Connect to register; when you click on “Sign in Using Facebook”, you will first be asked to enter your Facebook credentials and then be given the option to register and join Tapjoy. Once you register on Tapjoy and connect your Facebook credentials, you will be able to automatically post recent activity back to Facebook (i.e., on your Facebook Wall or Timeline). You have the option to disable Facebook Connect or similar SNS services at any time by logging into “My Profile” on your Tapjoy account and clicking on “Social Settings”. You can also edit your privacy settings on the SNS itself (such as Facebook) to control the extent to which your activity on Tapjoy appears on Facebook, or to disconnect the Facebook Connect service, by visiting the Facebook Application Settings page.
Your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other Personal Information we hold in our records, but we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
Through your account settings, you may access and, in some cases, change or delete the following information you’ve provided to us:
Username and password
User profile information
The information you can view and update through your account may change as Tapjoy changes. If you have any questions about viewing or updating information we have on file about you, please contact us at email@example.com.
You can always opt not to disclose information to us, but keep in mind some information may be needed to take advantage of some of our special features.
You may be able to add or update certain information as explained in Section V above. When you update information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
You may request deletion of your account by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that some information may remain in our private records after deletion of your account. We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your personal information after you delete your account, but not in a manner that would identify you personally.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please send us a message to email@example.com, mail us at Tapjoy, Inc., 111 Sutter Street, 12th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94104, Attn: Privacy, or call us at 415-766-6905. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.